Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Battle

The battlefield of ministry is broad bringing daily challenges, difficulties, and blessings. It is a joy to be placed upon the front lines ministering the gospel. Aiming at sufficiency I find myself most insufficient, lacking on many fronts. Yet, God has not called me to be sufficient, because He is my sufficiency, I am to be sufficient in Him. 2 Corinthians 3:4-5 tells us that God is the one who makes ministers to be sufficient and competent as laborers of the new covenant. We are not sufficient in ourselves for if we were salvation would not be by grace, but by the sufficiency of men and their works. God does not want us to be self-confident, He wants us to be God confident. Having confidence in God, through Christ, as partakers of grace, having received the necessary gifts according to grace; let us use them, (Rom 12:6). Fight to good fight, endure till the end, the Joy of the Lord is our strength! God Bless!

No comments: